Ride'em cowboy


Ride'em cowboy
Originally uploaded by ricmcarthur
The butterfly bronc riding is a favourite at the Natural Rodeo, held at Rondeau Provincial Park. We even have spotters, lower left, in case things get out of hand.

I knew this red admiral was being bothered by hornets when I took the photo.

What I didn't realize was that one had landed on the butterfly and another was coming in to tag team the poor fellow.

I am in serious camera withdrawal, my EOS Xsi and 100-400 mm lens are in for repair. The lens wouldn't pull back to the 100 mm setting and wouldn't come off the camera. Using an older unit for backup, but it isn't the same
4-6 weeks for repairs and we are off to New Zealand in November, the timing is making me nervous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

My Cat is Stranger Than Your Cat