Let the molt begin


Let the molt begin
Originally uploaded by ricmcarthur
For non birders - in birds, moulting is the periodic replacement of feathers by shedding old feathers while producing new ones.
Two years ago I shaved off my mustache which I had for over 30 years. It has been a very slow molt as it just started to re-grow.

I found out this weekend that my wife preferred me with the stash, also a birding friend ,Julie , said I had lost a major field mark. There were other considerations which I won't go into right now.

I will keep you updated on the progress of the molt.

Comments

Blake A. Mann said…
We will have to update the field guides again!
Dave said…
I shaved once...I hated the morning blood letting...grew the beard back.
Not to mention the friends and family that kept laughing...

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

My Cat is Stranger Than Your Cat