New yard bird.



I was out checking the backup generator when I noticed something in the driveway.
It was a ruddy duck sitting in the snow.
I had time to go back to the house to get my camera and take a few images in the twilight.
Lots of duck species fly along the lake in front of our place but are too far away to identify. I have no doubt that ruddy ducks were one of the unidentified.
We have had a wood duck land in the yard, a couple of mallards walk in but that's it for ducks.
Quite odd.
Rondeau Provincial Park, Dec 25, 2022.
Oxyura jamaicensis
Pleistocene fossils of Ruddy Ducks, at least 11,000 years old, have been unearthed in Oregon, California, Virginia, Florida, and Illinois.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

My Cat is Stranger Than Your Cat