Then there were two.

Eastern screech owl, Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada, March 12, 2021.


I went back to check on the screech owl that I posted the other day. As I looked to the tree which is fairly far away from the road, I spotted another owl in another hole about half way to the second owl.
It was the first time I've seen two owls in two trees about 75 feet apart.
Bonus.
Megascops asio
The Eastern Screech-Owl is known to eat a variety of songbirds, including the European Starling. Despite this fact, the starling regularly displaces the owl from nesting sites and takes over the hole to raise its own brood.
Source -Cornell Lab of Ornithology- All About Birds

Comments

Anonymous said…
thx, Rick.

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

My Cat is Stranger Than Your Cat