Great kiskadee.

Although I had partial looks at this bird over the last few days I hadn't been able to get a photo.

Today I went out in the fog/drizzle/rain and had good looks at the bird.

It perched in the open, me without my camera due to the wet.
After watching for 5 minutes I made my way back to the car and grabbed the camera.


The kiskadee was down low and eventually came up with a frog.

Certainly worth going out in the rain.

Pitangus sulphuratus

Great Kiskadees readily come to feeders to eat fruit such as bananas. Watch out for these bold birds: they also readily steal other kinds of food, such as bread, peanut butter, and pet food.
source -https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great_Kiskadee/

Comments

Unknown said…
When was the last sighting?

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

Folded rocks.