Mr. Bluebird is in my pond.

Mr. Bluebird is in my pond. by ricmcarthur

I remember the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-A song from Disney back when I was a kid.
Part of it went
"Mister bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth
It's actual
Everything is satisfactual"

It makes a day seem special when one comes by because they are not a normal yard bird for us.

Scientific stuff
Sialia sialis
Male Eastern Bluebirds are a brilliant royal blue on the back and head, and warm red-brown on the breast. Blue tinges in the wings and tail give the grayer females an elegant look.
The Eastern Bluebird is a small thrush with a big, rounded head, large eye, plump body, and alert posture. The wings are long, but the tail and legs are fairly short. The bill is short and straight.

They feed by dropping to the ground onto insects or, in fall and winter, by perching on fruiting trees to gulp down berries. Bluebirds commonly use nest boxes as well as old woodpecker holes.
Source - Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
Photo taken at Rondeau Provincial Park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golden-crowned kinglet.

Connecticut warbler

My Cat is Stranger Than Your Cat